Dry brushing is an effective way to exfoliate, increase energy and stimulate lymph flow to help the body detoxify naturally. In addition to that, it’s a great way to fight against the appearance of cellulite (making it a perfect partner for our Body Boost creams - enter the Body Wellness Kit).
Like most nuanced beauty regimes, this one comes with some tips and best practices to help you get the most out of your usage...
WHAT IT IS: our exclusive Body Brush was designed in Finland, made of natural wood and bristle the body brush has been part of Scandinavian bathing and wellness ritual for centuries. Ergonomically shaped, the smooth contours fit perfectly in the hand
HOW TO BRUSH:
1. Most people brush in the am before showering as it boosts energy and is a great way to start the day
2. Start at the feet and work your way up, brushing in long smooth strokes, always in the direction towards your heart
3. Speed should feel comfortable, pressure should be firm but not harmful to the skin.
4. Move to arms, starting with palm of hand upward. And don't forget your armpits (these are lymph nodes havens and need attention too)
5. Last but not least, brush the stomach, moving in circular, clockwise motions.
*It’s not for everyone - you should avoid or be careful if you have sensitive skin or eczema
TIP: Always moisturize afterward. Skin will feel a little puffy, pink, energized.